Skip to Content
listen live
Home

Carbon Monoxide poisoning sends 5 to hospital.

Calgary, AB, Canada / RTBN
Carbon Monoxide poisoning sends 5 to hospital.

Calgary fire crews responded to a Carbon Monoxide incident at a construction site at 7 Avenue SE around 7 a.m.  this morning.

Upon arrival, firefighters found a man unconscious on the ground and unresponsive. Reports say the man had been at the building for just over an hour.  The building’s 25 employees were quickly evacuated, and paramedics took five employees to the hospital.

Scans and searches done on the site show that Carbon Monoxide levels in the building reached up to 400 parts per million at the site where the unconscious man was found. No cause of the leak has been confirmed, but it is believed it originated from a faulty heater.

Comments are closed.

Latest

More