Over 100 people were evacuated from the reserve of the Lheidli T’enneh First Nations, north of Prince George on Tuesday.
This was after a pipeline explosion generated an enormous fire that could be seen from the campus of the University of Northern B.C on Tuesday afternoon.
No injuries were reported, but homes within several kilometers of the fire were evacuated .
Prince George RCMP confirmed there was an explosion due to a rupture in the pipeline, it also appeared to have involved an Enbridge natural gas line.
Emergency crews were working to depressurize two natural gas transmission lines in the area so the situation could be contained.
Some who were initially advised to leave, were later allowed to go home when the vicinity of the fire died down.